Words of Warning
These words identify household hazardous waste (HHW), and items marked as such should be disposed of accordingly:
Hazardous Waste Disposal Guidelines
- No commercial waste - The county will not accept any commercial or industrial generated hazardous waste.
- No illegal materials - The county will not accept any materials that cannot be legally disposed of at a hazardous waste facility.
- No mixing - Do not mix materials.
- Tighten all lids - If containers are leaking, pack in a larger container with newspaper to soak up the leaks.
- Items must be identifiable - Bring all substances in original containers with labels.
- 25 gallon/220 pound limit - The maximum amount accepted is 25 gallons or 220 pounds.
View the Chester County Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Program Schedule for dates and locations of the collection of HHW.