While there have been many rumors and overall uncertainty with this year’s Trick-or-Treat due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Borough of Parkesburg will not be cancelling Trick-or-Treat. As this year is quite different than years past, we ask the following precautions are taken:
- Trick-or-Treat during the recommended times of 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM on October 31st.
- Respect your neighbors’ position to actively participate or not. If a house will be participating, please turn on your outside lighting to signify participation.
- We discourage soliciting nonresidential properties (businesses that may be open).
- We discourage soliciting in multifamily dwellings (e.g. Westminster, Parkesburg Schoolhouse apartments).
- Be creative with passing out treats.
- Walk in smaller groups (no more than 10 juveniles and chaperones) and practice the appropriate social distancing and required mask usage.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for Halloween. These can be found here - https://www.cdc.gov/.../daily-life-coping/holidays.html..
Whatever choice you and your family decide to do, please have a safe and Happy Halloween!